Unsheathe your sword and your hardcore platforming skills to climb forsaken towers, fight nefarious Mimics, and solve unforgiving puzzles in an attempt to uncover the grim truth behind the nature of the Unbound and stop an ancient demonic force from devouring the mortal world. En garde!
About This Game
Mimic Hunter is an innovative, gameplay-wise 2.5D, hardcore platform game that will take you on an epic adventure as the legendary master hunter Monsieur Ratimousse embarks on a journey to find his old mentor Barnabas and stop an ancient demonic force from devouring the mortal world. Unsheathe your sword and your platforming skills to climb forsaken towers, fight nefarious Mimics, solve unforgiving puzzles in an attempt to uncover the grim truth behind the nature of the Unbound. En garde!
Mimic Hunter was initially created as an entry for GameJolt's Adventure Jam 2017 #AdvJam2017 in no more than 2 weeks by Aliza Wenders and Derwen Llewelyn from Angry Cat Studios. But the journey doesn't end there! In those two weeks, we grew to love this game even more than we'd have anticipated, and we decided to tell this uncommon story in its full length, with all the gore and glory! During the early development, we succeeded in creating a very unique, stable and innovative platforming experience, but we had to cut a megaton of features and ideas (and most of the story content) due to the lack of time. And that simply couldn't stand! Now the whole story is ready, and it's awaiting a hero: You! ;-)
A free demo of the original #AdvJam2017 version is available on GameJolt, check it out! Just don't forget: it's only a fragment of what's to come!
- Unique, cylindrical, mind-bending environment
- Hand-drawn, macabre-esque art style and animations
- Lore-rich story with many surprises, twists and mysteries across 7 unique levels (at least 5 hours of playtime even for pro Mimic Hunters!)
- Hardcore platforming gameplay with traps, timed puzzles and more!
- Fencing! En garde!
- Dangerous and mischievous, various enemy types, each with its unique behavior
- A fully-fledged Tower Builder with which you can create and share your own adventure!
- Special game modes: Time Attack and Survival
- Fully remappable control scheme (with partial controller support)
- Steam achievements
What is the goal of the game?The story mode takes you on an adventure to defeat a mysterious ancient force that threatens the mortal world. During your journey, you will encounter nefarious enemies, unravel the secrets of the Hunters' Guild's past, and solve demonic riddles and puzzles.
How long the main story is?As Mimic Hunter is designed to be quite a hard game with scenarios that take multiple attempts to figure out and solve, we can only estimate the actual game time you'll need to complete the story featuring seven unique towers. On average, it takes a player about 5-10 hours to finish the main story, depending on player skill and chosen difficulty level.
What are the key gameplay elements?Mimic Hunter is primarily a platformer, thus jumping, climbing and fighting are very important to master. Additionally, there are riddles and puzzles you can't solve by platforming only: you'll need to collect lore and figure out the secrets. Fencing is also very important to overcome your foes, and you must learn how to do it properly. You'll be also able to handle a lot of situations by avoiding combat or defeating your enemies via the environment if you're cunning enough.
How in-depth the Tower Builder is?The Tower Builder (a.k.a. level editor) you get is identical to the one we used to create the majority of the content. You can create any kind of tower with dialogues, scripted puzzles, traps, events, and share it with other people! Basic editing is quite intuitive, but a full documentation/manual is also available.
- OS: Win 7 / 8.1 / 10 (32-bit)
- Processor: "3rd generation" Intel Celeron 2 GHz or equivalent
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: nVidia GeForce 400 series / AMD Radeon 6000 series or better
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Sound Card: Any DirectX compatible
- Additional Notes: Keyboard and mouse required