Beat the clock and squash the alien scum in this fast-paced virtual reality shooter.
About This Game
By combining the pulse-pounding action of time-trials with fast, fluid VR gameplay, NextGen Games has crafted one of the most ADDICTINGLY REPLAYABLE VR experiences yet released. Beat the clock and squash the alien scum in this frenetic VR shooter.
The year is 2027. As a contractor for NextGen Games, it is your job to pilot a remote telepresence drone via your trusted VR headset. Fortunately work has picked up due to a recent alien invasion. The United Nations has hired the firm to secure the planet Earth, and rid it of alien infestation. The fate of the world is in your hands and your headset. Good luck.
The core design of VR Apocalypse revolves around the following major tenets.
- Comfort = Immersion. First-person shooters are not normally a good idea for VR due to presence-breaking VR-sickness. However, we think we’ve conquered it with this title by utilizing a new technique we’ve dubbed a “dynamic rest frame”. Classic first-person shooting/traversal has never felt this good in a VR headset.
- Replay Value is king. Forget short, one-off experiences. VR Apocalypse is a highly replayable, arcade style shooter with randomized elements that will keep players coming back for more.
- Arcade Leaderboards. Compete against friends to see who can get the best possible times on our customized leaderboards.
- Exploding Aliens. Because who doesn't like watching aliens go boom?
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater
- Storage: 1 GB available space