Fish Lake focuses on fractions (including word problems) and teaches Ojibwe culture
About This GameA thousand years ago, the Ojibwe people moved across the continent – and nobody knows exactly why.
So begins Fish Lake, a game from 7 Generation Games where math matters to survival. We’ve created an engaging 3D virtual world where players learn math and social studies within the context of the game.
What motivated the Ojibwe to journey into the unknown? Some believe it was because they were running out of food. But, how would they have known? Well, they would have noticed a change in the amount of fish available and measured it through observations and calculations. In other words, they would have used math.
Fish Lake focuses on fractions (including word problems) and teaches Ojibwe culture. Watch out for the poisonous snakes! Make your way down the rapids. Find enough food for your village’s survival. Build a Red River cart. Figure out “what’s fair.” Who knew you could get this excited about fractions. Grades 4 and up. Mac and PC.
At 7 Generation Games, we're making games that make you smarter. And seriously, who doesn't want to be smarter?
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Processor i3 or higher
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 256 MB (512 GB or higher recommended) of VRAM OpenGL 2.0–capable system
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 1 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Internet Connection 512K or 1.5Mbps and higher recommended