Burly Men at Sea
A branching folktale adventure game about the misadventures of a trio of large, bearded fishermen.
About This GameOne of TIME’s top ten games of the year, Burly Men at Sea is a folktale about a trio of large, bearded fishermen who step away from the ordinary to seek adventure.
With gameplay halfway between a visual novel and a point-and-click adventure, the branching story carries its ungainly heroes into waters where lurk creatures from Scandinavian folklore and other misadventures. You play as storyteller and wayfinder, shaping a custom tale that begins again where it ends.
- Branching Story: Play through multiple choice-driven adventures, each designed to be completed in a single sitting.
- Innovative Controls: Shape the narrative through a unique, draggable viewport and your interactions within it.
- Playful Aesthetic: Colorful art style with handcrafted animation, set to a whimsical original soundtrack inspired by the game’s Scandinavian setting.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Burly Men at Sea is the second game from husband-and-wife team Brain&Brain, developed during their own adventures as nomads and erstwhile farmhands.
- OS: Windows XP SP2+
- Processor: Intel Dual-Core
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 225 MB available space