HopSquash! is a fast & simple local couch multiplayer game, easy to get into and great for parties. Jump on your friends and rack up points! Easy for non-gamers or kids to pick up & play! Up to 8 players on the same game, multiple levels, and a level editor, with full gamepad support!
About This GameHopSquash! is an spiritual successor to the classic DOS PC game "Jump 'n Bump" by Brainchild Designs. There are other "couch multiplayer" games out there but few as simple and straight forward as this. Give a controller to a non-gamer friend and watch them get caught up in it! Just move and jump! Great for parties! And parents, you can semi-permanently enable "censored" mode, which turns the blood splatters into confetti and lollies, as this is a great game to play with the family too!
Never run out of controller options - Mix and choose; keyboard adds 2 players, mouse adds 1 player, gamepads can add one player each, or can be split to add 2 players each! No settings, just grab a controller and join in!
- Full gamepad support, and up to 8 players local multiplayer! Including split gamepad mode with 2 players per gamepad, so 2 gamepads means 4 players; 4 gamepads means 8 players!
- A built in level editor with full gamepad support! And mouse support too! - Steam Workshop integration coming soon, so you can share free levels!
- Selectable animal characters, and 8 colours to customise them with
- 4 level themes, and 9 levels, plus the original classic level (aiming for 6 themes and 12 levels on release)
- Multiple levels to choose from, and "rounds" - each game takes place over 5 randomly selected levels before the final results are shown
- Power ups! Every now and again a crate is dropped, whoever gets it first gets a random ability for 30 seconds; pogo stick, anti-gravity boots, or rocket pack!
PARENTS! Enforce censored mode! :)If you'd like your kids to play (as has been requested several times) you can enable "Censored mode" in the menu, and this turns the blood into lollies and fireworks! But, your kids can easily change this setting back when you're not looking. So, you can enforce censoring so that it can't even be turned off in the menu! Just edit the settings.conf file in a text editor and set "kid_safe=true" - now the censored mode will stay enabled, and the option to turn censoring off will be removed from the menu! The only way to get the blood and guts back is to edit the settings file again and set "kid_safe=false" or just remove the line altogether.
Arcade cabinet people - you are supported!I'm an arcade cabinet person too. And a popular solution is to use an IPAC which lets you convert button presses into keyboard key signals. By default, this game allows for 2 players on the keyboard, but by editing the settings.conf file and setting "keyboard_only=true" will add 2 extra players on the keyboard, controled by the keys YHGJ and P;L'. You can bind these keys in your IPAC settings to your joysticks and buttons, which will allow you 4 players on your home made arcade cabinets. This is not enabled by default because having 4 players on one keyboard is not only impractical but will hit the simulatneous key press limit on standard keyboards.
- OS: Windows Vista
- Processor: 2ghz
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Anything after 2006 (OpenGL 2.1)
- Storage: 20 MB available space